Bangenge - Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!

Go down 
+9
holyshred
kenji
tombraider
manta
Carmela_05
kudos
spy lily
gea
billy_d_kidd
13 posters
AuthorMessage
billy_d_kidd
Owner
Owner
billy_d_kidd

Number of posts : 1495
Birthday : 1988-05-25
Job/hobbies : Rock en Roll
Credits : 7047
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! Empty
PostSubject: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Ang buong bangenge community ay nakikiramay sa Pamilya at kaibigan na namayapang king of rap Francis M.

Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! Francism
Back to top Go down
http://bangenge.omgforum.net
gea
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
gea

Number of posts : 2556
Birthday : 1987-03-04
Credits : 6799
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:35 pm

. . . halla. . . kakaungkot naman . . . .
Back to top Go down
spy lily
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
spy lily

Number of posts : 1318
Birthday : 1975-11-21
Job/hobbies : sumipsip ng dugo, magsaliksik, mangulangot, at mang-inis
Trip : hermaphrodite
Credits : 6807
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:36 pm

so sad.. tsk!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mbg.ae/profile.htm
kudos
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
kudos

Number of posts : 1404
Birthday : 1985-06-15
Job/hobbies : back job
Trip : Sense of Humor
Credits : 5849
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:41 pm

chikadura ka talaga billy...

nakikirimay po ako sa pamilya magalona lalo na sa pinakamamahal kong si maxine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carmela_05
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
Carmela_05

Number of posts : 521
Birthday : 1991-05-05
Job/hobbies : Encoder
Trip : watching horror movies, playing online games, mangasar sa pikon
Credits : 5709
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! CondolenceFrancis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! 0001-1
nabalitaan ko nga ito,nakakalungkot naman,...isang napakagaling na artist sa Philippines na naman ang nawala,...isa rin sya sa mga idol ko pagdating sa rap,..hayz! wel ganun talaga, kailangan tanggapin, kahit masakit...
Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.8spices.webs.com
manta
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
manta

Number of posts : 1896
Birthday : 1989-01-31
Credits : 6835
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:35 pm

hala hala.. tsk tsk.. aaw sad
Back to top Go down
tombraider
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
tombraider

Number of posts : 976
Birthday : 1988-12-05
Credits : 6673
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:43 pm

sad..labs ko pa naman siya..
Back to top Go down
gea
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
gea

Number of posts : 2556
Birthday : 1987-03-04
Credits : 6799
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:20 pm

. .. grabe kakaiyak tribute ng eat bulaga kay francis m.
Back to top Go down
kenji
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
kenji

Number of posts : 4652
Credits : 7992
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:50 pm

nakikiramay ako....
Back to top Go down
holyshred
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
holyshred

Number of posts : 602
Birthday : 1988-05-24
Job/hobbies : Basketball, Football, Darts, Guitars, Drawing & Arts
Credits : 6739
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:22 pm

oh? wala na c Kiko? damn.
Back to top Go down
jkay
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
jkay

Number of posts : 3191
Birthday : 1987-12-05
Job/hobbies : ICT System Support..ü
Trip : humor humor..ü
Credits : 5716

PostSubject: RIP master rapper...   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:11 am

sayang.. idol ko talaga si mr. Francis Magalona...

Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! 220px-FrancisM_airport

Francis Magalona (October 4, 1964 - March 6, 2009), also known as FrancisM, Master Rapper, and The Man From Manila, was a prominent Filipino rapper, songwriter, producer, actor, director, and photographer. Often hailed as the "King of Pinoy Rap", he was considered a legend in the Philippine music community. With the success of his earliest albums, he was the first Filipino rapper in the Philippines cross over to the mainstream. He is also credited for having pioneered the merging of rap with Pinoy rock, becoming a significant influence to artists in that genre as well. He was also a popular television host, notably on MTV Asia where he served as one of the channel's first Filipino VJs, and on noontime variety television show Eat Bulaga!. Magalona died on March 6, 2009 at the age of 44 due to acute myelogenous leukemia.

Music career

Starting out as a breakdancer in the 1980s[1], Magalona was cast in several Filipino movies of that decade, including Bagets 2. He likewise gained attention as the resident DJ/rapper in the IBC-13 variety show Loveli'Ness. In 1990, he released the groundbreaking album Yo!, the first commercially released Pinoy rap album in the Philippines. Yo! included several popular singles such as Mga Kababayan Ko (My Fellow Countrymen), Gotta Let 'Cha Know, Cold Summer Nights and Man From Manila. With tracks that featured politically conscious and thought-provoking rhymes in both English and Tagalog, Yo! was a big success and helped catapult Filipino hip hop from underground to mainstream status. It also marked the birth of Makabayang or Nationalistic rap in Filipino hip hop.
Francis M. remains one of the most respected emcees within Pinoy Rap

In 1992, Francis Magalona released Rap Is FrancisM (1992), considered as one of the greatest Pinoy Rap albums.[citation needed] With tracks addressing the various cultural and social problems that plagued his country such as drug addiction in "Mga Praning" (Paranoids), political instability in "Halalan" (Elections) as well as the detrimental effects of a colonial mentality in "Tayo'y Mga Pinoy" (We Are Filipinos), the record's complexity and conscious message quickly earned it its classic status and became the standard by which future albums of the genre were to be compared.

The release of his third album, "Meron akong ano!" (I Got Some!) in 1993, followed by "FreeMan" in 1995 marked the beginning of Francis' experimentation with Pinoy rock. He soon was cited for excellence in both genres of music. He frequently collaborated with other Pinoy music luminaries such as Joey Ayala, Heber Bartolome, Ryan Cayabyab, Mike Hanopol of Juan dela Cruz Band, Andrew E, Michael V and Denmark and the Eraserheads. In the latter part of his career, Magalona worked together Pikaso, Gloc 9, Stick Figgas and Parokya ni Edgar.
FrancisM at The Community Philippine Hip-Hop Summit 2007 held at The Basement in Eastwood City

In 2002, with the assistance of then FUBU Philippines' management Carlo Maniquiz and Nick Tuazon(who is currently the Editor-In-Chief and CEO of Digital Photographer Philippines, Francis launched a compilation album of the same name, showcasing a basic who's who of local hip-hop talents in and around the islands.Later that year, Francis Magalona's greatest hits album, The Best of FrancisM was released by Musiko and Sony BMG Philippines.

Shortly before his death, Magalona collaborated with Ely Buendia and various Filipino artists on an album dubbed as "The Sickos Project." It will be released posthumously. Both Francis M. and Ely Buendia were having health problems at that time.

Magalona founded his own record company called Red Egg Records, and a production company, Filipino Pictures Inc., where he served as the resident Director. Through his production company, Magalona produced and directed music videos for several bands and solo artists such as Ely Buendia. His work on Sponge Cola's "KLSP" won Best Rock Video at the 2006 MYX Video Awards.

Honors

Magalona's contributions to the genre have been featured in several international hip hop publications including the All Music Guide to Hip-Hop: The Definitive Guide to Rap and Hip-Hop (2003) published by Backbeat Books; as well as the May 2004 issue of the U.S. based publication The Source. He was also given the Pioneer Hall of Fame Award by Empire Entertainment at the 1st Annual Philippine Hip-Hop Music Awards in 2005.[6]

Magalona was the recipient of the coveted MTV Pilipinas Video Music Awards Generations Award in 2006 "in recognition of his career that has spanned decades and broken boundaries, and for his music which continues to inspire generations of artists and music fans both here and abroad." He was the second person so honored, the first having been singer Gary Valenciano at the 2005 rites.

Television career

Magalona also hosted several television shows including the long-running daytime variety show Eat Bulaga!, as well as being a VJ for MTV Asia. Magalona was MTV Asia's first Filipino VJ along with Regine Tolentino and Donita Rose, and remained with MTV from 1997 up to 2000. He was also chosen by Fremantle Media, owners of American Idol as one of the judges of in the first Philippine Idol season that aired on ABC-5. Magalona and his fellow judges Ryan Cayabyab and Pilita Corrales were not retained by GMA Network when the franchise transferred to that network in 2008. Aside from television, he also hosted live events and presentations.

Other endeavors

In his last years, Magalona also turned his attention to photography, a hobby which he began to take more seriously when he started submitting pictures to magazines for publication. News reports note that he was overjoyed when he was accepted as a member of the prestigious Camera Club of the Philippines, and eventually received critical acclaim for his Photographic work.

Branching out into fashion, Magalona also established a clothing line named FMCC, standing for "FrancisM Clothing Co."

Personal life

Family and early life

Magalona was one of the nine children of actors Pancho Magalona and Tita Duran, popular film stars of the 1940s and 1950s. His grandfather, Sen. Enrique Magalona served in the Philippine Senate from 1946 to 1955. He studied at San Beda College in Manila.

Magalona was married to Pia Arroyo, with whom he had eight children: Unna, Nicolo, Francis Jr., Elmo, Arkin, Clara, and actresses Maxene and Saab.

Illness and death

Magalona, 43, was diagnosed on August 8, 2008, with leukemia at the Medical City Hospital, Mandaluyong. He appealed for privacy.

I don’t want a media circus. I want privacy with my family. What I’d rather talk about is how we can solicit blood donations to replace the supply that I have consumed in the hospital. It was very gradual, hindi siya biglaang lumabas (it did not come out so suddenly). We don’t want to use the word ‘curable,’ but the doctors say it’s treatable.
—Pia Arroyo-Magalona, Francis’ wife

After his treatment and discharge, he made his return on Eat Bulaga together with Ely Buendia, who was also recently discharged.

On March 6, 2009, at 12:20 pm, Magalona succumbed to multiple organ failure after having been rushed to the hospital and intubated the night before.[8] He had undergone several chemotherapy sessions since he was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia in August the previous year, and had been expected to undergo a bone marrow transplant.The announcement was first made on the television variety show Eat Bulaga!, which he had co-hosted.News of his death sparked a surge of web traffic to several Philippine news sites, causing a momentary slowdown in the operation of those sites.

On March 7, 2009, the Eraserheads' reunion concert (the Final Set), which Magalona supposed to guest at the time of his death, considered as a tribute to the King of Pinoy Rap. Eat Bulaga! also paid tribute before the concert night on the same date.
Back to top Go down
paopao
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
paopao

Number of posts : 1318
Birthday : 1984-03-15
Credits : 7886
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 am

sayang patay nxa kww nman Crying or Very sad TO YOUNG TO DIE
Back to top Go down
adiklangpo
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
adiklangpo

Number of posts : 4593
Credits : 7060

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:39 am

condolence
Back to top Go down
deathbeforedishonor
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
deathbeforedishonor

Number of posts : 750
Birthday : 1909-12-31
Job/hobbies : pwning
Trip : toilet humor
Credits : 6085
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:53 am

i thought we were supposed to use the 'search' function before posting a topic? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
manta
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
manta

Number of posts : 1896
Birthday : 1989-01-31
Credits : 6835
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:55 pm

topics merged Smile
Back to top Go down
deathbeforedishonor
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
deathbeforedishonor

Number of posts : 750
Birthday : 1909-12-31
Job/hobbies : pwning
Trip : toilet humor
Credits : 6085
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:41 pm

olrayt. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!   Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Francis M. Sumakabilang Buhay Na!
Page 1 of 1