Bangenge - Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hilera Band

Go down 
+7
manta
X'tal
DcBecko*
apol
johanitura
Bangenge
hen8
11 posters
AuthorMessage
hen8
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
hen8

Number of posts : 1272
Birthday : 1990-02-13
Job/hobbies : bass guitarist
Trip : inum inum inum
Credits : 6016
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:59 pm

About Hilera

Chris Padilla—vocals
Ivan Garcia—guitars
Bobby Padilla—drums
Its always interesting to see how a group of young musicians can absorb diverse influences, filter them through their own creative vision, then deliver a fresh, exciting new sound that is uniquely their own. This is what we expect from EMI Philippines’ youngest three-piece act HILERA-- Nescafe Soundskool intercollegiate band competion grand champion. Though they pay homage to rock icons like Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura or to any music from grind-core new school bands to old-school punk thrown in the mix, the band manages to forge its own identity with a hard-rocking self-titled debut set unlike anything else in OPM rock.

Nescafe Soundskool is an inter-collegiate band competition that toured over 100 top universities and colleges in the Metro Manila in search for music’s next big thing. And as the grand champion, Hilera was officially welcomed to the professional music industry with a contract with EMI Philippines. Hilera is composed of brothers Chris (vocalist) and Bobby (drums) Padilla and Ivan Garcia (bass).

Winning was already an honor for the young band and scoring a contract deal with EMI Phils. have definitely paved their way to join the roster of local rock titans such as Bamboo, Sugarfree, Hale, Sandwich, Slapshock and Urbandub. This could very well catapult the once unknown band from Kalayaan University to stardom.

“This is really an honor for us to be taken under EMI Music. As a young band, our talents are still raw, but we’re eager to learn about the business. With EMI Philippines taking us under their wing, we are excited about the promise of the band to not only grow musically, but professionally as well,” said Chris Padilla, Hilera’s lead singer.

Hilera cites as an inspiration a huge variety of musical influences—from the OPM sounds of Bamboo to the punk anthems of The Clash, Rancid and The Living End to the hard hitting metal of Sepultura and Slayer to J-pop sounds of Tokyo Jihen. During the finals night of the Nescafe Soundskool competition, Hilera rocked the stadium and won new fans with songs springing from their collective talents.

But winning became difficult for the band. They joined the first eliminations representing Kalayaan College and went home empty handed. For a band whose experiences are scarce, their hopes became radiant when they were asked to compete as the wild card. The show for the band goes on. Singing an original composition called “Sungrass” written by Chris, the vocalist himself, Hilera made it to the finals and impressed a crowd with their unique perk of punk-ish taste for young Filipinos at the Philippine Sports Commission in Pasig. Ivan added. “I once said to myself… if we’re not going to win this, we’re still going to continue what we love doing. We love playing music and that’s why we got in to this thing in the first place. And we definitely enjoy making music together as a band.

The band started December 2004, when Chris, 21, and Ivan, 20, have been playing together for over a year in different bands and finally decided to finally get serious to what they started as a hobby and form a band. But after a while, both had a hard time searching for a drummer who could stay and get serious with them too. And so Bobby-- only 17 then—entered the band even though he is still starting to become an expert of the craft. His bandmates guided him and worked on his skill all the way to the band’s feat for what they believe a passion for music.

The band’s songs for their self-titled album are written mostly by Chris. He shared “I wrote most of the songs on the upcoming album, but Ivan writes too and so does Bob. Sometimes real life inspires me sometimes the ceiling or just plain nothing, we just want to write good melody for the songs.

First single culled from the self-titled Hilera album is RHYME WITHOUT REASON which is currently hitting NU107 daily countdown as to have the no. 1 seat after three weeks. From the title itself, the song’s author Chris defines it as “It’s about being stuck for no reason… and you have to conform for no reason.” RHYME WITHOUT REASON will soon be accompanied by a music video that will introduce the band to a wider audience.

Asked why the band’s name Hilera, Chris explained “We wanted a Filipino name to represent the band, and it was catchy at the same time. To relate the band’s name to the music, it’s like a command.”

Chris is taking up BS Psychology at Dominican College, Ivan Garcia taking up Business Management at Kalayaan College while Bobby Garcia is still on his fourth year Highschool at Community of Learners.

And for them, Hilera is a mindset that they bound next to our rock heroes, either they become famous or not…it really doesn’t matter at all.

Hilera Band 1_492617027l

Last edited by hen8 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bangenge
Owner
Owner
Bangenge

Number of posts : 343
Birthday : 1984-05-25
Job/hobbies : Taga-tagay
Credits : 5834
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 pm

^di ba kasama sila dati sa tribute to APO album?
Back to top Go down
http://bangenge.omgforum.net
hen8
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
hen8

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:48 pm

^ yap..

nag cover din cla ng kanta ng APO

ung "mahirap magmahal ng syota ng iba"
Back to top Go down
johanitura
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
johanitura

Number of posts : 5046
Birthday : 1987-11-06
Job/hobbies : estudyante, rakista, businessman:P
Trip : toilet.hehehehe
Credits : 6050

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:22 pm

fave m tlaga cla hen ah.hhehe
Back to top Go down
http://johanitura.multiply.com
hen8
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
hen8

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:03 am

^ yap .. idol na idol ko kc ung bassist nila eh hehehe!!
Back to top Go down
apol
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
apol

Number of posts : 1889
Birthday : 1985-02-14
Job/hobbies : chatting
Credits : 5673
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:16 pm

NICE HEN8
Back to top Go down
DcBecko*
Baguhan
Baguhan
DcBecko*

Number of posts : 13
Birthday : 1991-11-27
Credits : 5679

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:10 pm

idol ko rin 2 ee.. galing tlga ni bobby ska ni vic(bamboo) sana ganun din ako k husay o kaya mas mahusay pa sa kanila!! ahaha..
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/twist182
X'tal
Bangag
Bangag
X'tal

Number of posts : 78
Birthday : 1990-06-01
Credits : 5670
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:33 pm

wow.. sabi ko na nga ba henz eh!!

idol na idol mo talaga sila hehe!! tc
Back to top Go down
manta
Bangenge Loyalist
Bangenge Loyalist
manta

Number of posts : 1896
Birthday : 1989-01-31
Credits : 6856
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:28 pm

define define define. tenenenenenen,,
Back to top Go down
green
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 3429
Birthday : 1993-02-12
Credits : 5968

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:52 am

nice song dude
Back to top Go down
kudos
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
kudos

Number of posts : 1404
Birthday : 1985-06-15
Job/hobbies : back job
Trip : Sense of Humor
Credits : 5870
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:31 pm

^it's about the band not the song

nagpapatunay lng yan na wla kang kwentang super mods... copy-paste yun lng ba lam mo? or balak mong maging top posters? :yeheh:
Back to top Go down
johanitura
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
johanitura

Number of posts : 5046
Birthday : 1987-11-06
Job/hobbies : estudyante, rakista, businessman:P
Trip : toilet.hehehehe
Credits : 6050

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:30 pm

relax kudos puso m.hehehe
Back to top Go down
http://johanitura.multiply.com
kudos
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
kudos

Number of posts : 1404
Birthday : 1985-06-15
Job/hobbies : back job
Trip : Sense of Humor
Credits : 5870
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:09 am

^ok lng yun anemic nman ako...bwahahah
Back to top Go down
ShogunLeaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ShogunLeaf

Number of posts : 2186
Birthday : 1984-02-02
Credits : 5758
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 am

pwede pwede...

galing din niyang hilera..

nung narinig ko ung define tila FOREIGNER
Back to top Go down
green
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 3429
Birthday : 1993-02-12
Credits : 5968

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:07 am

nice nice
Back to top Go down
azumi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
azumi

Number of posts : 1330
Birthday : 1987-12-28
Job/hobbies : bl*w job
Trip : lahat ng trip s mundo
Credits : 7487
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:54 pm

^c kua kudos khit anemic mainit ulo ah..hahaha..may point ka kuya its not about d song nga nmn..pero ok ang hilera ah..pilit Laughing
Back to top Go down
hen8
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
hen8

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:36 am

^ its not the song , its the band dude. Hilera Band 20577
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hilera Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilera Band   Hilera Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hilera Band
Page 1 of 1