Bangenge - Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ASIN....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShogunLeaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ShogunLeaf

Number of posts : 2186
Birthday : 1984-02-02
Credits : 5747
Registration date : 2008-11-09

ASIN.... Empty
PostSubject: ASIN....   ASIN.... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:12 am

Asin (sometimes spelled ASIN, in all capital letters) is a Pinoy rock and folk rock band from the Philippines. They were formed during the 1970s and originally known as Salt of the Earth from the song of Joan Baez, but later Filipinized their name into "Asin", which means salt in Filipino language.

WALA NG TATALO PA SA KANILA....One OF The COOLEST OLDSKOOL Bands I Have Ever known....

After fronting rock and roll bands during her teens, Lolita Carbon met Cesar "Saro" Bañares, Mike Pillora, and Pendong Aban in Kola House, a folk rock club, and then decided to form their own musical group, naming it Salt of the Earth.

They had signed a major record label and renamed their band to Asin after a record producer was searching for a "female" Freddie Aguilar, taking advantage of the Filipino folk rock boom during the late 1970s. Their eponymous 1978 debut album includes a cover of Freddie Aguilar's "Anak" and the rest are all original works.

Some of their popular songs include the environmental song "Masdan Mo Ang Kapaligiran" (Observe the Environment), "Ang Bayan Kong Sinilangan" (The Land Where I Was Born), "Pagbabalik" (Return) and "Balita" (News). According to Pendong Aban who grew up in Agusan del Norte, most of their songs were based on the experiences in Mindanao. Because of too much illegal logging and violence in their homeland, they wrote lyrics that hoped for peace and a better environment in Mindanao. They sometimes use kulintang and other traditional instruments of the southern Philippines to give their music a more indigenous spirit.

In 1993, Saro Bañares was murdered in a bar brawl in South Cotabato because he refused to sing for a lawyer, causing the group's members to part ways. Aban had his band Ang Grupong Pendong, while Carbon went solo.

One July evening in 1999, at a concert in Bahay ng Alumni at U.P. Diliman, while waiting for their respective turns to perform in a concert for press freedom, Pendong and Lolita sat together to share about their experiences as each carved a career of his/her own. One of the most common experiences they had in their concert tours is the audience’s reaction when they sing songs of ASIN as part of their repertoire. From children to teenagers to old folks, the same reaction would be observed. It is both of reminiscence and amazement at hearing the songs again and watching an ASIN member performing live.

Later in 2000, they decided to reunite but Pillora backed out later, although Pillora gave his blessings to the new album that Carbon and Aban would release. The record album Pag-ibig, Pagbabago, Pagpapatuloy, the first Asin album after 12 years, features unreleased materials of the late Bañares.

Pendong and Lolita both acknowledged the fact that their songs have transcended three decades and yet the message that each song carries (from the seven albums that ASIN recorded) is still as relevant and as meaningful to the present times. Both recognized the fact that there is hunger for the music that relates to the present situation that Filipinos are in, whether they are in the country of their birth or in some other adopted land across the seven seas; music that tells of every Filipino’s dream, aspiration, desires, even heartbreaks or social commentaries that reflect the true Filipino culture.

From wikipedia////

ASIN.... ASIN_front
Back to top Go down
hen8
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
hen8

Number of posts : 1272
Birthday : 1990-02-13
Job/hobbies : bass guitarist
Trip : inum inum inum
Credits : 6005
Registration date : 2008-10-31

ASIN.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASIN....   ASIN.... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:07 pm

galing din ng mga toh.. tamang classical ang dating
Back to top Go down
ShogunLeaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ShogunLeaf

ASIN.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASIN....   ASIN.... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:53 am

yea men ICONS....
Bata pa lang ako lahat ng kanta nila naririnog ko kung saan saan..lahat mg mg atyahin at tyuhin natin kilala cla wahaha.....
Back to top Go down
ganjanz
Baguhan
Baguhan
ganjanz

Number of posts : 11
Birthday : 1979-04-01
Credits : 5545
Registration date : 2009-03-05

ASIN.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASIN....   ASIN.... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:38 pm

i grew up with lolita carbon
Back to top Go down
ShogunLeaf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ShogunLeaf

ASIN.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASIN....   ASIN.... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 am

^
cool
Back to top Go down
CrimeZter
Bangenge
Bangenge
CrimeZter

Number of posts : 152
Birthday : 1993-01-05
Credits : 6688
Registration date : 2009-03-14

ASIN.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASIN....   ASIN.... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 pm

yup..

familiar aq sa name n yan..

teacher q kc sa filipino..

pinapatugtog sa classrum ung mga filipino old music (hnd nmn sa old.. meron din makabago.. pero hnd familiar.. makabayan kc teacher q ehh..)...

tpos papakilala nia din ung mga singers/bands..
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/crimezter
Sponsored content

ASIN.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASIN....   ASIN.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ASIN....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bangenge - Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika :: Music Forum :: Music in General-
Jump to: