Bangenge - Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inspiring Quote

Go down 
+11
green
MaggieDPrincess
ino_fuuka
Forum_Hudas
Mr. Brightside
hen8
deathbeforedishonor
jkay
kudos
apol
ahkil®
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Number of posts : 1839
Credits : 5678
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Inspiring Quote - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:00 am

Margaret J. Wheatley
Destroying is a necessary function in life. Everything has its season, and all things eventually lose their effectiveness and die.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:01 am

Albert Schweitzer
The fundamental rights of [humanity] are, first: the right of habitation; second, the right to move freely; third, the right to the soil and subsoil, and to the use of it; fourth, the right of freedom of labor and of exchange; fifth, the right to justice; sixth, the right to live within a natural national organization; and seventh, the right to education.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:01 am

Humanist Manifesto, 1933
Humanism will affirm life rather than deny it, seek to elicit the possibilities of life, not flee from it, and endeavor to establish the conditions of satisfactory life for all, not merely for the few.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Sam Adams
It is no dishonor to be in a minority in the cause of liberty and virtue.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:02 am

John Dewey
A humanistic religion, if it excludes our relation to nature, is pale and thin, as it is presumptuous, when it takes humanity as an object of worship.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:02 am

Jerome Nathanson
The price of the democratic way of life is a growing appreciation of people's differences, not merely as tolerable, but as the essence of a rich and rewarding human experience.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Sharon Welch
An appropriate symbol for the process of celebrating life, enduring limits, and resisting injustice ... is the beloved community.... The beloved community names the matrix within which life is celebrated, love is worshipped, and partial victories over injustice lay the groundwork for further acts of criticism and courageous defiance. From within the matrix of beloved community, there is a solid basis for social critique and self criticism: the life-giving love constitutive of solidarity with the oppressed and love of oneself. [A Feminist Ethic of Risk]
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:03 am

High Eagle
The mere possession of a vision is not the same as living it, nor can we encourage others with it if we do not, ourselves, understand and follow its truths. The pattern of the Great Spirit is over us all, but if we follow our own spirits from within, our pattern becomes clearer. For centuries, others have sought their visions. They prepare themselves, so that if the Creator desires them to know their life's purpose, then a vision would be revealed. To be blessed with visions is not enough...we must live them!
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:03 am

Albert Einstein
The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. . . . The ordinary objects of human endeavour -- property, outward success, luxury -- have always seemed to me contemptible.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Adrienne Rich
When a woman tells the truth she is creating the possibility for more truth around her.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:04 am

Elie Wiesel
This is the duty of our generation as we enter the twenty-first century -- solidarity with the weak, the persecuted, the lonely, the sick, and those in despair. It is expressed by the desire to give a noble and humanizing meaning to a community in which all members will define themselves not by their own identity but by that of others.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:04 am

Plato
The gods who have been appointed to be our companions in the dance, have given us the pleasurable sense of harmony and rhythm; and so they stir us to life, and we follow them, joining together in dances and songs.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Henry David Thoreau
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:05 am

Jone Johnson Lewis
The human condition is that we are individuals in relationship, and there are tensions between individuality and relatedness. A humanist spirituality is not one of complete dependence, nor of complete independence -- neither condition can be defended as primary. Rather, a humanist spirituality is one of interdependence.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:05 am

Ernest Becker
In seeking to avoid evil, [humanity] is responsible for bringing more evil into the world than organisms could ever do merely by exercising their digestive tracts. It is [our] ingenuity, rather than [our] animal nature, that has given [our] fellow creatures such a bitter earthly fate.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Margaret J. Wheatley
Listening is such a simple act. It requires us to be present, and that takes practice, but we don't have to do anything else. We don't have to advise, or coach, or sound wise. We just have to be willing to sit there and listen.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:06 am

Albert Schweitzer
What does Reverence for Life say abut the relations between [humanity] and the animal world? Whenever I injury any kind of life I must be quite certain that it is necessary. I must never go beyond the unavoidable, not even in apparently insignificant things. The farmer who has mowed down a thousand flowers in his meadow in order to feed his cows must be careful on his way home not to strike the head off a single flower by the side of the road in idle amusement, for he thereby infringes on the law of life without being under the pressure of necessity.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:06 am

Woody Guthrie
Take it easy -- but take it.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

John Dietrich
Energy conveys to us the idea of motion and activity. Inside a living organism we see a source of power, which by some manner is released in terms of movement.... Life is energy... it is the creator or initiator of movement change, development. We are different from moment to moment because the life principle is at work with us.... The spirit of humanity, like the forces of nature, and like the physical life, is at bottom energy.... Spiritual life, therefore, is just as much a development out of what has gone before in the evolutionary process as physical life is; which means that the origin of spiritual life is from within.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:07 am

James Luther Adams
The faith of a church or of a nation is an adequate faith only when it inspires and enables people to give of their time and energy to shape the various institutions -- social, economic, and political -- of the common life.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:07 am

Douglas Adams
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:08 am

Sarah Norcliffe Cleghorn
The golf links lie so near the mill
That almost every day
The laboring children can look out
And see the men at play.
[from "Through the Needle's Eye," 1916]
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:08 am

Sarah Norcliffe Cleghorn
"The unfit die — the fit both live and thrive." Alas, who says so? They who do survive.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:09 am

Harry Emerson Fosdick
Nothing else matters much -- not wealth, nor learning, nor even health -- without this gift: the spiritual capacity to keep zest in living. This is the creed of creeds, the final deposit and distillation of all important faiths: that you should be able to believe in life.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:09 am

Mohammed
Our true wealth is the good we do in this world. None of us has faith unless we desire for our neighbors what we desire for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inspiring Quote
Page 22 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bangenge - Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika :: Discussion Forum :: Kwentuhan at Kalokohan-
Jump to: