Bangenge - Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inspiring Quote

Go down 
+11
green
MaggieDPrincess
ino_fuuka
Forum_Hudas
Mr. Brightside
hen8
deathbeforedishonor
jkay
kudos
apol
ahkil®
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Number of posts : 1839
Credits : 5678
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Inspiring Quote - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:10 am

Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:10 am

Elie Wiesel
For one who is indifferent, life itself is a prison. Any sense of community is external or, even worse, nonexistent. Thus, indifference means solitude. Those who are indifferent do not see others. They feel nothing for others and are unconcerned with what might happen to them. They are surrounded by a great emptiness. Filled by it, in fact. They are devoid of all hope as well as imagination. In other words, devoid of any future.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Peter Drucker
Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:11 am

Frederick Turner
To those who followed Columbus and Cortez, the New World truly seemed incredible because of the natural endowments. The land often announced itself with a heavy scent miles out into the ocean. Giovanni di Verrazano in 1524 smelled the cedars of the East Coast a hundred leagues out. The men of Henry Hudson's Half Moon were temporarily disarmed by the fragrance of the New Jersey shore, while ships running farther up the coast occasionally swam through large beds of floating flowers. Wherever they came inland they found a rich riot of color and sound, of game and luxuriant vegetation. Had they been other than they were, they might have written a new mythology here. As it was, they took inventory.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:12 am

High Eagle
In life, many thoughts are born in the course of a moment, an hour, a day. Some are dreams, some visions. Often, we are unable to distinguish between them. To some, they are the same; however, not all dreams are visions. Much energy is lost in fanciful dreams that never bear fruit. But visions are messages from the Great Spirit, each for a different purpose in life. Consequently, one person's vision may not be that of another. To have a vision, one must be prepared to receive it, and when it comes, to accept it. Thus when these inner urges become reality, only then can visions be fulfilled. The spiritual side of life knows everyone's heart and who to trust. How could a vision ever be given to someone to harbor if that person could not be trusted to carry it out. The message is simple: commitment precedes vision.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:12 am

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Everything in the universe goes by indirection. There are no straight lines.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:13 am

Albert Einstein
Science can only determine what is, but not what shall be, and beyond its realm, value judgements remain indispensable. Religion, on the other hand, is concerned only with evaluating human thought and actions; it is not qualified to speak of real facts and the relationships between them.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:13 am

H. H. the Dalai Lama
I believe that to meet the challenges of our times, human beings will have to develop a greater sense of universal responsibility. Each of us must learn to work not just for oneself, one's own family or nation, but for the benefit of all humankind. Universal responsibility is the key to human survival. It is the best foundation for world peace.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Sharon Welch
Injustice can be eliminated, but human conflicts and natural limitations cannot be removed. The conflicts of social life and the limitations of nature cannot be controlled or transcended. They can, however, be endured and survived. It is possible for there to be a dance with life, a creative response to its intrinsic limits and challenges ... [A Feminist Ethic of Risk]
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:14 am

Peter Drucker
What is the managers job? It is to direct the resources and the efforts of the business toward opportunities for economically significant results. This sounds trite -- and it is. But every analysis of actual allocation of resources and efforts in business that I have ever seen or made showed clearly that the bulk of time, work, attention, and money first goes to problems rather than to opportunities, and, secondly, to areas where even extraordinarily successful performance will have minimal impact on results.

What is the major problem? It is fundamentally the confusion between effectiveness and efficiency that stands between doing the right things and doing things right. There is surely nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all. Yet our tools especially our accounting concepts and detail focus on efficiency. What we need is (1) a way to identify the areas of effectiveness (of possible significant results), and (2) a method for concentrating on them.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:15 am

William Arthur Ward
Flying off the handle sometimes causes hammers and humans to lose their heads, as well as their effectiveness.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:15 am

W. Beran Wolfe
If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

James Luther Adams
Nothing is complete and thus nothing is exempt from criticism.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:16 am

Peter Drucker
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:17 am

Maxine Hong Kingston
To me success means effectiveness in the world, that I am able to carry my ideas and values into the world -- that I am able to change it in positive ways.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:17 am

Stephen Covey
Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:18 am

May Sarton
... without darkness
Nothing comes to birth,
As without light
Nothing flowers.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:18 am

Epicurus
Thus that which is the most awful of evils, death, is nothing to us, since when we exist there is no death, and when there is death we do not exist.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

Carlos Castaneda
The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:19 am

Robert Ingersoll
My creed:
To love justice, to long for the right,
to love mercy,
to pity the suffering, to assist the weak,

to forget wrongs and remember benefits,
to love the truth, to be sincere,
to utter honest words, to love liberty,
to wage relentless war
against slavery in all its forms,

to love family and friend,
to make a happy home,
to love the beautiful in art, in nature,
to cultivate the mind,
to be familiar with the mighty thoughts
that genius has expressed,
the noble deeds of all the world;

to cultivate courage and cheerfulness,
to make others happy,
to fill life with the splendor of generous acts,
the warmth of loving words;

to discard error, to destroy prejudice,
to receive new truths with gladness,
to cultivate hope,
to see the calm beyond the storm,
the dawn beyond the night,
to do the best that can be done
and then be resigned.

This is the religion of reason,
the creed of science.
This satisfies the brain and the heart.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:19 am

Isocrates
The noblest worship is to make yourself as good and as just as you can.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:20 am

Margaret Wheatley
Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exists because it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exists in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone [from Never Eat Alone]
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:20 am

Margaret J. Wheatley
When leaders take back power, when they act as heroes and saviors, they end up exhausted, overwhelmed, and deeply stressed.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:21 am

Sophia Lyon Fahs
Some beliefs are like walled gardens. They encourage
exclusiveness, and the feeling of being especially privileged.
Other beliefs are expansive and lead the way into wider and
deeper sympathies.
Back to top Go down
ahkil®
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ahkil®

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:21 am

Sharon Welch
Resistance to oppression is often based on a love that leads us to value ourselves, and leads us to hope for more
than the established cultural system is willing to grant ... such love is far more energizing than guilt, duty, or self-sacrifice. Love for others leads us to accept accountability (in contrast to feeling guilt) and motivates our search for ways to end our complicity with structures of oppression. Solidarity does not require self-sacrifice, but an enlargement of the self to include community with others. [The Feminist Ethic of Risk]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspiring Quote   Inspiring Quote - Page 23 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inspiring Quote
Page 23 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bangenge - Ang Tambayan ng mga Bangenge sa Musika :: Discussion Forum :: Kwentuhan at Kalokohan-
Jump to: